Sunday, November 15, 2009

Old???

Did you ever have one of those moments when you felt "old"?

Well, I have been feeling like that today. Especially when all my kids do is chat on-line, and text their friends, and spend hours on Facebook. And when I suggest that they actually call someone on their cell phone, I get that response (like its painful to them) "Mother, paaalease...")

Of course, I don't like cell phones anyway. Yes, I think they are convenient and I take a picture now and then. But its really annoying to me how people carry them around with them everywhere. And those little headsets and ear pieces that people wear. I'm sorry - but is it really necessary to be attached to your phone all day long? Is it necessary that you need to take a call in the middle of a restaurant, or school, or show... You get the picture. Ten years ago no one carried cell phones with them - and now people can't live without them.

My kids keep telling me that I needed a Facebook page, so they made me one. Even Simon has one. Now I just have to figure out how to use it...

Well, maybe I am "old".

1 comment:

  1. Too funny - I know how you feel. I have been without my cell phone for over a week now and I think my kids are more worked up over it than me. I just got into facebook a couple of months ago after much prodding from some friends. I will look you up. Hope all is going well. And, by the way, the exercise thing...not going well at all. :)

    ReplyDelete